Thursday, September 15, 2011

3 more sleeps.....

....until the Ottawa Army race.  I hope at this point you've all logged some miles, or at a minimum have gone out to buy a pair of running shoes (you know who you are).  You might have noticed that it's been a little chilly out the past few days, please prepare for that.  For those running an event like this for the first time you're often required to line-up a little while before the gun goes off so make sure you're dressed appropriately.

For those running the half for the first time, if it's really cold I would recommend having a "junk-layer", something over your race shirt that you can dispose of at one of the aid stations along the way.

I already mentioned meeting up for a photo in an earlier post so I hope to see you all there.  For those of you that I haven't met I'll be the guy in the white running visor looking slightly nervous about a lack of recent mileage.  Please introduce yourself.

Okay, that's it for updates, make sure you throw a high-five or a "Go CanHEAR" when you see your teammates out on the course...see you Sunday.



2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to run this one, it looks amazing, see you all there, I'll be the one with the garbage bag wrapped around me & debating how many more coffees I should risk drinking before the whistle blows, in a vain attempt to stay warm

    ReplyDelete
  2. The race was amazing, the course went past some stunning view points, what a great intro to the capital! Thanks to Adam and phonak for introducing this race to me.

    ReplyDelete