Monday, April 25, 2011

Tales from a "Reluctant" first-timer....


While I keep waiting to wake up and find that the skies have defied the weather reports, chilly temperatures and rain continue to accompany my morning coffee.  My teammates from the cycling chapter of the CanHEAR Uganda team have been out racing the last two weekends and we've been treated to everything from 80kmh winds, to snow and hail storms.  Ah, the joys of early season racing.

Tails of hardship aside I thought I'd share a great article from one of the Globe's editors about her venture into the world of organized running events.  It's a very entertaining read, and provides some useful links and commentary.  Thanks very much to Gavin for passing this one along...

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/health/fitness/running/training-and-technique/why-im-not-so-reluctant-about-finally-running-a-10k/article1995817/

No comments:

Post a Comment